What's the most you've ever made by yourself

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thartz, Oct 28, 2005.

1. thartz

thartz LawnSite Senior Member

Have to mow alone tomorrow. Vacations and layoffs puts in the truck solo. If I put my nose down I honestly believe I could gross around $1800.00 in around 10 hours.Tell me how you guys are fairing.I'll probably have to invest in some Advil tomorrow evening.

2. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

most ive ever made on one job (keeping in mind its my first summer in business)

$140.00 on a hedge trimming job that lasted maybe 2.5 hours and i got to dump the trimmings on site

3. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

1800 dollars in 10 hours has got me beat by about 1100 dollars. That would be the best day of my business. I have grossed less than 1800 dollars in 3 days before. Hell in a slow week I only gross 1500. That is some serious cheese man, good luck bud.

4. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Thartz, what kind of work are you doing? If you are just cutting grass, are you doing commercial or residential? Around here the average residential goes for about $30. That would mean doing 60 of them in a day solo to gross $1800, just not possible. Even at $35 a cut that's over 50 lawns. It comes out to $180/hour if you're doing it in a 10hr day. Being a full time college student I thought I was doing good grossing over $500 in a day. The most I ever did was about $900 and that was doing hurricane cleanup/chainsaw work. Please share your secrets, from what I gather the rest of us here at lawnsite are very pleased with $60/hour but somehow you manage to do three times that including drive time.

5. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

I did a landscape job this past August. It consisted of constructing a 60 ft long 5 ft high sound barrier in the front lawn of this house. 3 trees, 74 shrubs, 42 periennal plantings and 240 yards of sod. All in all the job cost the homeowner $8,046.76 dollars and took me and two other employees about 3 1/2 days to complete.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

That's what I'm talking about, too... I'm full-time and 400 a day would be really pushing it with the short days, it gets dark here at 6:30p you GOT to head home. It won't be until next year when I really see the price increases but even this year's peak of season I grossed 1,000 in THREE days on a regular basis, sometimes it took four thou... Granted I only have a 48" wb but it is a 5-speed fixed deck, one of the fastest midsize mowers on the market, I just don't see Ztr's outrunning me on anything less than an acre lot...

I think it's just getting deep again, but maybe it's something to it, I dunno...

7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

A one man crew could easily bring in $500 a day cutting. I could see $1800 in 10hours doing aeration/seeding.

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Which street corner in the redlight district do you work from?

9. Varsity L&G

Varsity L&G LawnSite Senior Member

That is 180$ an hour?

What gives?

Yea sure you can make 5k a day stuffing envelopes, yea you're stuffing them with heroin, but at least your working.

10. garth1967

garth1967 LawnSite Senior Member

i think somebody is telling porky pies