Whats the next new mower innovation??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcwlandscaping, May 8, 2006.

1. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

There have been many big improvements over the last few years on mowers all around. From better control systems instead of pistols (H-Bar, T-Bar, ECS) to bigger, more powerful, and fuel efficent engines. New cutting systems (the new TRITON and TURBOFORCE decks) and easier and more precise ways to raise the decks. With all of this newer technology on mowers today, what do you think will be the next big, new innovation for mower companies to come out with?? What would you like to see made better or easier to use??

This is just something i thought of while mowing today and thought it might be a good question to put up on here.

NCSERVICE LawnSite Member

Im sure we will be seeing more plastic applications. maybe plastic decks, cheeper lighter just as strong
  3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

More Propane run units- Ferris has started it.
  4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

propane , natural gas, HYBRID!
    more technology useage, like computer callibrated deck leveling, and tire pressure notification, and automaticly adjusting mower settings for the terrain. my broadmoor has a computer display on it that gives digital fuel level, oil temp, PTO, battery level, and error lights (like if a fuel pump or hydro is failing).
  5. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

6. mike lane lawn care

already have the sattelite radio on the tractor.
    and GPS? i might need it if i get lost in a 10K SF. lawn:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  7. lasher66

lasher66 LawnSite Senior Member

spinning rims, onstar, lights under mower, boomin system behind seat. ha ha

8. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Short term? I can see more forms of suspension/shock resistance for rider comfort. Better seats, and companies without suspension systems will gravitate that way.

Longer term? I can see stuff going more digital and computer controlled. Gagues will be gone and there will be a dimple push-button type control panel. Like your microwave...
    Also, I think fuel injection will be more common. I can't see the hybrid/LP gas yet. Not until the auto industry changes over.

What I would like to see is vibration control, combined with suspension improvements. I'd gladly forsake fuel injection and flashy digital junk for that. I want an easily serviceable tank that's bulletproof, but also a Cadillac ride. There are times when I can't wait to get off the machine, or put the saw/trimmer down. :cry:

What's the latest word on catalytic converters?

9. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I think bio-diesel is an untapped field. Clean and renewable. and more power and safer than ethanol.
  10. mike lane lawn care

i wonder what it would cost to have this fuel system installed in a diesel mower?