What's the point in a power broom?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by 2stroked, Aug 15, 2012.

1. delmcleod

delmcleod LawnSite Member

Works great with a blower... We powerbroom the bulk of anything needing To be moved and then follow up with blowers. Works great and saves on time blowing
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. sealcutter

sealcutter LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA.

They are useless and there is no need for them. But some how I managed to buy 3 of them and they get used 5-6 days a week.:laugh: Do you just cut grass? than you wouldn't find a need for it. Take a push broom and sweep your whole driveway, now try it with a power broom and tell me what you would use next time.

3. FMC1959

FMC1959 LawnSite Member

For the guys using these power brooms, 2 questions.

I have Pavers to clean near pools that blowers don't work well, between the brooms with rubber paddles and others with bristles, which work better? Do the bristle ones get in between the Pavers and remove the sand?

Also, any have these power brooms as a multi tool vs dedicated power broom? With a decent power head (at least 25+ CC) are they OK?

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

We use em all the time in the spring, They are invaluable for sand clean-up after the winter.

They also work amazing for black walnuts/acorns in the fall time. We have literally power broomed truck loads of walnuts/acorns from peoples lawns.

5. peachtree landscapes

peachtree landscapes LawnSite Member

I've seen them used for pushing sand and topdressing before. Seems like to much of a hassle to me. I've never seen reason enough for me to purchase one, but I can see where it might be useful in snow situations.

6. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Power broom - one of those things I don't use a lot but when I do it's really handy. I don't think anyone mentioned saw dust piles from tree work. I really love mine for gettting driveway gravel out of lawns though. Sometimes I run mine upside down...it's less aggressive that way but tires you out less...just be careful not to fill up your shoes/boots, lol.