1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What's the price and deal?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by RonB, Aug 17, 2005.

1. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

I'm about ready to buy and have been wanting a Hustler Super Mini all summer, but I have been looking at others online lately and see better financing deals elsewhere. Ferris has 24 mo. same as cash, for one.

I don't want to call dealers and ask. I want to go with info and deal from an informed position. Why hasn't Hustler updated the MSRP thread here (its outdated) and why aren't the financing deals better?

I had my mind made up on Hustler but now wavering. And the money's burning my pocket.

2. cphilip

cphilip LawnSite Member

...cannot realy speak to most of your questions but I had been told the MSRP's went up $200 across the board. But thats all rumor based on one MSRP I was given that changed by that much. I would like to know the real scoop on that as well.
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There are a variety of finance options out there at our dealers, you will need to talk to them and see which ones they are offering you, for the machine you want.
    I have not updated the MSRP pricing here, because it is not outdated, the pricing has not changed, I know it is dated til the end of July, but we have not made any changes yet.

4. Seeg

Seeg LawnSite Member

It doesn't sound like the money in your pocket is burnning a hole, since you seem to be very interesed in financing. The best thing you could do is just go to your local bank and draw a loan there. If you went into a dealer paying cash for the machine, you would be able to get a better price on the machine. Paying with credit cards and financing costs the dealer alot of money, which in turn factors in the bottom line price of your new Hustler.
  5. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Burning a hole .. a figure of speech in this case. I can buy a Ferris for 24 months same as cash and found a Snapper PRO for 12 months same as cash. I don't consider that financing, more like free use of the company money.

I had hoped for a similar Hustler deal when I was ready to buy but doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Still undecided tho. I might buy a Quick 36 first now.
  6. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

There are several finance plans that can fit your budget. I feel the Super Mini Z is the best mower in its class bar none. Demo one asap. If your dealer is good he will take the time to explaine to you your options. Good luck
  7. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I guess it all depends on what is most important to you. I used to get so fired up about price, and would try to save a buck whenever I could by buying a cheaper brand. I did that with tools for a while...Now I buy what I want, what I think is best for my application. I never have heard anyone complain about buying a tool that was too good. I have have heard lots of people complain they should have purchased the better tool though after the cheaper one breaks or proves less then satisfactory.

If financing and saving a few bucks is paramount to you, then go get a quick 36", or an MTD, but if you think those machines will equal a Super mini in anyway, or that the warrenty will be as good, or the customer support will approach that of Hustler, I think you are sadly mistaken. All machines are not created equal, and neither are the companies that stand behind them.

Good luck
  8. valleylawn79

valleylawn79 LawnSite Member

i agrre; i demoed the super mini; nothing in that frame size with 25 kaw/52 deck can hang with it. as far as promotions; there is more available than what is actually listed on hustler web. ask your dealer. most have a 2% dealer participation fee; so when you ask be prepared. sometimes different dealers quote a price with the 2% already figured in. actually there is no such thing as free loans; i certainly would not loan my money to the bank for frreee. neither would you. i'm sure after talking to your hustler dealer you 2 can work something out. i wouldn't wait too long though steel and freight will have to cause a price increase sooner or later that the manu/dealers will not be able to avoid. demo that super mini and you will like it; they refer to it around here as the mini grass rocket!!!