whats the right choice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by woodie08, Jan 17, 2008.

1. woodie08

woodie08 LawnSite Member

I'm new to the business. is this the right choice? 2007 troy-bilt mustang 50" 22hp hydro 3 blade side discharge. its not commercal grade. but i have about 3,000 to spend and it looked like a good choice, but im not sure what do you think..I'm looking to residental and try to get 30 accounts. maybe not this year but hoping next year.comerchal zt are pricie. can you help with the right zt if this ones not right.. woodie08

2. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

how about a good walkbehind?

what you going to do about gates?

3. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I'd suggest a used walk-behind until you cannot keep up with your workload. In my opinion, if you buy that $3000 mower, you won't want it in a year, and you won't get much for it on resale.

4. Cedar Valley Landscapes

Cedar Valley Landscapes LawnSite Member

Like everyone else I would look for a nice used walk behind. If you have 3000 to spend on a mower i would look for a nice low hour 48" hydro with a floating deck. You can always put a velke on it if you get tired of walking behind it. It would also be something you can use later and be more than a one year investment.