What's the rock-bottom lowest price?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by eruuska, Oct 4, 2004.

1. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys,

This is such an awesome forum, I am learning so much so fast!

Today's question is: What is the rock-bottom price you'll charge for mowing a tiny lawn. I've been observing different lawn sizes as I go about my daily routine, and there are some lawns that couldn't possibly take more than 10 minutes with a 21" push mower. But I haven't ever heard anyone here charging less than $20.00 for a little lawn.

So for the tiniest of yards, what's the absolute lowest, rock-bottom price?

TIA,
    Eric

2. simsy71

simsy71 LawnSite Member

The lowest I would go would be $20. It would not be worth my time unless it was for example a condo complex that had 20 of these yards all grouped together. Then I might be lower.

3. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

Mow, trim, edge & blow. $30 minimum.

4. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I have a $20 minimum. although the actual mowing part is tiny, all the expenses associated with the business are the same. Insurance, license, vehicle upkeep, taxes, gas, etc.

5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I agree with Twins, although we dont mow anything under 25 dollars, It's the cost of just "getting there" that they are paying for in the case of a small residential lawn.

6. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

The deep down lowest price is $12.00 for my Grandma, otherwise $25.00 minimum...

7. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the help, guys. $20-$25 was kind of what I had in mind. I'm not sure my area can support a $30 minimum, but I don't want to go too much below that.

Have fun,
    Eric

8. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I don't do anything under $35.00.

9. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I just saw this and need to ask this. Are you serious? Charging your Grandma? Man o Man that takes some guts.

JP

10. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

My lowest price? $0. Guess my mom deserves something nice from me after all the stuff I put her through growing up. :angel: For anyone else, minimum $20 for the tiniest of lawns.