What's the scoop on the Billy Goat blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ULTIMATE LAWN, Apr 12, 2003.

from AL

I was all set on another Little Wonder BUT:

The weight is listed at 104 lbs for the Billy Goat w/9HP Honda.

The weight listed at 152 lbs for the Little Wonder w/9HP Honda.

This is a difference of almost 50 lbs which will make the BG blower much easier to maneuver.

The other BG units with identical engines to the Little Wonders generally weigh about 20-25 lbs less.

Why is there a bigger weight difference with the BG/Honda 9hp vs the Little Wonder/Honda 9HP?

The BG/13HP Honda also weighs the same as the Little Wonder/ 9HP Honda (152 lbs).
  2. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry I can't answer your question, but seriously consider the BG, I have one, and found the controls on the output to be much more efficient than the LW I looked at.
  3. leaflawnandlimb

leaflawnandlimb LawnSite Member

The billy goat uses a plastic (sorry, composit) impeller and the little wonder uses a steel one. Check out the new BG w/ 9hp robin over head cam engine, retail for $899, seems like a good deal.
  4. Look at the materials used to build it. That would be what a wise, intelligent person would do....
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly, and it's not just that the impeller is steel, but if you look at the whole size of it, including the housing, I think you'll find why LW has so much more output than the BG.

from AL

Weight is a serious consideration with these units as they will be used only on smaller res. turf areas with some hilly terrain.

Our LW's are great but operation in confined areas & rolling terrain is tiring.

The 50 lb weight difference between the BG & LW/ 9hp Honda models is huge & may more than compensate for slightly less air flow.

Mounting the units on Z's & WB's has not proved productive in these areas.
  7. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

My friend who does parking lot sealing and striping has both. I like both. Although the little wonder does seem more powerful. I have never used one on a lawn, so weight never was a factor.

The billy goat seemed louder too for some reason.
  8. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

I have a 8hp BG and am very happy with it. The dealer is a real a****** but otherwise the unit has been problem free for 5 years.
  9. e-RoK

e-RoK LawnSite Member

I don't know about output on the Billy Goats. But I spent many hours today pushing a freakin 11 HP Little Wonder and man does it tire you out. 50lbs difference would mean something. I also saw self propelled Billy Goats at our dealer here. I was thinking about that as I was pushing the Little Blunder (That's just what I call it, it actually works VERY WELL)
  10. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

QB1601SP - weight 274 lbs. It will huff n puff and blow trash into the next county, all at a leisurely pace due to the 4 speed + reverse transmission. Next best thing is a blower buggy.