1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats the sectret.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric 1, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I get on here all the time and there is like 150 or more members on...but never more than 10 in all the other forums and maybe 20 here in lawn care. So were is every body hiding.Whats the secret.:confused:
  2. Grass King

Grass King LawnSite Member

Hard at work
  3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Yesterday, I received somewhere around 35 phone calls. Had 18 voicemails to return, gave several estimates, checked up on 4 crews, interviewed a new prospective employee, and several hours of office work. With 16 hour days like that, who has time for lawnsite?

This is the first time I've had a chance to stop in for a week or two.
  4. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

actually, it was 4 days.:D
  5. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

A lot of members choose to use Invisible Mode.
  6. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

and if you are just looking through View new posts you don't show up in a forum
  7. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

between school and work and firehouse i have very little time to be on here. only time im ever on is when im in a study hall in school. i go through withdraw if it goes to long.
  8. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

What always surprises me is threads about dog doo and scrubs get tremendous response. Things that are relevant and important are often over looked and let fade into the past here. For example, my post on what equip to demo for Turf mag has very little response, but the most recent dog doo and scrub threads are on fire. I guess many would rather complain than grow. The part of that that surprise me the most though is that in my mind it seems that people that complain the most are usually employees of business's. It seems that business owners (ESPECIALLY IN THIS FIELD) would be the happiest because we have the greatest job on earth and we get paid well for doing a job that we love. Yet we complain about stupid and petty things that are really rather irrelevant and we focus on these irrelevancies. It seems rather surprising that one's priorities would be focused as such. But, as people read this i am sure that someone will somehow work in the "scrub" arguement again and complaints will start all over. Sometimes it seems such a waste of such a valuable site that we can all LEARN SO MUCH from has to be used for such issues. I think if we kept the lawncare postings to only professional topics, i think we might become as slow at new posts as some other less visited areas of this site. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! (pant pant pant) Ok, done ranting.:angry:
  9. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

among your list of common b!thching posts, you forgot to list the most common by far, posts whining about the number of scrub posts (like yours).
  10. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

You're dreaming. This site will probably always be dominted by people like you describe. There are a few professionals here who honestly try to help raise the standard. But most of the rest would rather just talk about senseless stuff or slam others. Been that way for years now. I don't see it ever changing.