1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats the strangest thing you have come across?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Whatdefunk, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Whatdefunk

Whatdefunk LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Just wondering what some of the strange things everyone has come up on while on a job. I'm sure everyone has seen some strange stuff!:D
  2. mottster

mottster LawnSite Member

Saw a frog with half of a small garter snack shoved down his mouth right before i hit him with the trimmer. Always love the "built" people sitting out on their patios in wife beaters drinking booze and yelling at their neighbors.

most of the weird stuff is what we see on the way to our job sites or on lunch break.
  3. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

can't tell you.........top secret..........Well, I could tell you but, I would have to kill you.
  4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Last Week, A Costumer PREPAID!.
  5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I actualy had a customer prepay me for the entire year this season. Said she was "tired of writing checks each month". Fine with me.:D
  6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

I have 20 customers who prepaid for the whole season, over $10,000 before I ever mowed a lawn. I give a 10% discount for prepaying, and lots of people jump all over it. Good deal for everyone involved.

I found a big turtle once while mowing. Saw a customer sitting naked on her patio. Many accidents. (I have one customer who lives on this little cut-through street that has HUGE speed bumps to slow people down. I always show up around rush hour to catch the idiots who don't know they are there flying through and smashing into them.) Most of the crazy stuff that happens during the day is due to crazy people!

7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I came across a customers 14-15 yr old daughter nude sunbathing (asleep) on the patio with head sets on....needles to say I couldnt blow off the patio and when the customer called to ask why...I had to make up a false reason. I see ALOT of car accidents some deadly( im usually first on the scene ) Alot of demestic disputes. I have had cops stop me on accounts asking if I had seen this man **XX** because they are chasing after him with police helicopters and all...ect...
  8. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

A customer that paid in full with cash and didn't ask for a discount. :eek:

There is a situation where a 600# man came to the door naked and I was about to throw up.
  9. gvandora

gvandora LawnSite Member

I was cutting down a pair of junipers for one of my clients and all of the sudden my chain saw got hung up...... on a DUMBELL?!? Some how a piece of exercies equipment made it's way into the garden.... It wasn't lying on the ground either, it was a good 3 feet off the ground.
  10. studentlawn

studentlawn LawnSite Member

Hands down, the wierdest thing I have seen, was a week ago. I was picking up my trailers from my partner's house, im hitching up the trailer and i notice his neighbor mowing his lawn, i see his garden, which looked really shabby, and said to my partner, man we should offer to take care of that, it looks like ****. My partner replies, not bad for a blind man though. What! turns out the guy was totally blind, yea built a garden and was mowing his lawn...
    Got to be the wierdest thing ever. Next big thing.. Blind Lawn Care, a LCO of blind workers.