1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What's the Value

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Allens LawnCare, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at selling my stuff including accounts(as soon as my home sells), I've read several threads about this just wondering what you would pay for the following:
    29 Bi weekly/ As needed (weekly in April, may, june and into july)
    All services
    Spring/Fall cleanup
    Accounts range from $40-$95 per cut
    All Equipment
    2000 Exmark Lazer HP with ulta vac 900hrs
    98 Exmark Metro 36inch Belt walk behind 197hrs
    21 mower
    Echo SRM 210
    Echo 403 Blower
    6.5 X 14' Performance trailer, open with blower holder and trimmer racks
  2. TurfControl

TurfControl LawnSite Member

I sold all my mowing accounts last spring to focus more on lawn applications. I sold them for 3 months income. I sold off the equipment here and there. Craigslist mainly. You should know what your equipments worth..................so Good luck !!!
  3. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

yeah 2-3 mo's on the accounts is fair, and the equip sounds nice, i'd hold on to the hand held/small stuff just cuz its harder to get a decent price and won't you need it for your new home, or are you gonna hire one of us?payup
  4. bigbone

bigbone LawnSite Member

I would ask for 6 months if they are good accounts.
  5. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I've lucked out, all of my accounts are great accounts......normal middle class people that work just as hard as you and me. They love to find me new accounts. I do it part time, started with 2 accounts and I know I could blow up to 65-70 accounts without a problem. I just don't have the time. I've talked to all of my customers and even though they don't have contracts THEY have all agreed to give the new guy a shot and most of them recommended that I sell my accounts. I was just going to sell the Equipment and give up the accounts.