What's the weirdest thing you've seen on a job?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Rick Danger, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Rick Danger

Rick Danger LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I keep telling myself that I'm going to start bringing a camera just to document all of the weird stuff (and people) I see and make a photo album.
    I used to maintain this big church and one day I found and Iguana that was about five feet long with no head. Btw, this is not and area indigenous to Iguanas. I guess that was the weirdest.
    How bout it?
  2. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I have a commercial account that I was servicing early one morning........The manager and a salesman was standing on the loading dock burning a fat one. I smelt it way before I saw them.................................................... and no I don't smoke it.
  3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

the weirdiest thing that I had to ever do was round up 3 pigs, that probably weighed in at 300+ lbs each. They got out as we were mowing the customers lawn.
  4. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

That's not really wierd, a lot of people indulge.
    Wierd is..A dog, humping a cat.
  5. Greenservice

Greenservice LawnSite Member

Did you ever find out where the Iquana came from!?
  6. Rick Danger

Rick Danger LawnSite Member
    from NJ

No, I assumed that some reject owned it, got tired of taking care of it and maybe put an M80 in it's mouth.
  7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I've seen 12 fatal car accidents in 16 years of mowing.

2 of them within a block of the commercial account that I was mowing, while mowing. 1 of them I was called into court since I witnessed the accident.
  8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

FLMAO, Crawdad!! 'Bout spit my cereal everywhere!

One of the weirder things I've seen:..a goat, humping a dog..
  9. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

What did you do the other 4? Just see someone get maimed?
  10. rodbite

rodbite LawnSite Member

I did a one time cut for a new church. Found a bag of weed about ten feet from the front door.

Cutting a home in a very upscale area. I am buzzing along and happen to look up at a car on the side of the street. A guy in the drivers seat and a girl in the passenger seat with her head bobbing up and down over the drivers seat.