Whats the worst Accident you ever got your mowers into?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Phil Egnatz, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Phil Egnatz

Phil Egnatz LawnSite Member

Just Wondering Whats the worst accident you ever got your mower into, rollover driving into a lake (ETC):(

2. Phil Egnatz

Phil Egnatz LawnSite Member

if any but be honest i flipped my walk behind in a hill that was too steep it took 3 guys to plip it and i wouldn't sart for a week i sold that on not too long after

3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Old trailer with steep ramp. I was loading my 42" dixon on trailer front first. Somehow pulled a wheelie, the reaction when a wheelie is pulled is to pull back on the sticks to hang on, this slams the front down, which throws you and the sticks forward. Repeat violently several times. The second time this happened the trailer toung stuck in the expanded metal ramp and I went so far back my legs were against the sticks and I couldnt stop the wheels from spinning. If the sticks had not pinned my legs in, I would have flipped of the back. Same house both times. Undulating rock drive. Try looking cool after something like that happens.

Mark

4. JR LeGer

JR LeGer LawnSite Member
    from AZ

Had just bought another $10,000 walker about 3 days prior--one of our guys was under a tree with it and a branch caught on the Grass Container (catcher) and nearly ripped it clear off and bent the frame of the mower.

5. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Knock on wood, the worst for me so far has been sliding my w/b partially into a canal when it was real wet. It took a couple of people to get it out. More embarassing than anything.

6. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

My trailer is tongue heavy (not balanced like it should be) and I thought because of that, I could ride my stuff up the back ramp without it being hooked up to my truck. Well.......we all know what happened. I did manage to get on the trailer but, I wounded the tailgate on my truck. First thing I did was look around to see if anyone saw me!

7. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

i had a close call on my scag 10 years ago a pin broke off the lever mowing next to a highway and forced it into high speed if i was going the other way id be history,before that a guy i worked for just bought a ne wb and the girl using it parked it on a slope at an apt complex to take a break and it rolled into the retention pond it was so deep it took an hour to find it 20+feet deep needed dive gear and a tow truck to retrieve that one

8. SIG

SIG LawnSite Member

10 years ago had a Toro 52" go into a sediment control pond, was left unattended while my helper was opening the gate. Took a tow truck and winch to get it out and up the hill. 3 weeks ago my helper slide my 60" Lazer into a pond, pulled out with my truck, 300.00 dollars to repair.

9. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

this may not be my worst ,but my latest .
    couple days ago im backing the z onto the trailer on a side way grade. no where else to pk. the ramp pins slid out ,and left me tottering on the edge of the traiiler.
    think i strained my back putting the front end on the trailer. a welder put a little block on t he trailer to keep this ,from happening again.live an learn,or else:)

10. awm don't forget the gas line!!!!!!!!!!!!!