Whats the worst or funniest thing....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Big Salmon, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Big Salmon

Big Salmon LawnSite Member

A competing lawn care has done to you or your crew? Good stories are always fun to read on Lawn Site:hammerhead:
    Ive had a few green brews tonight so sorry if it's a lame topic:dizzy:
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Walked up to my clients house and put HIS flier on HER door while I was cutting the front lawn...whata ****** bag that guy was.
  3. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

just yesterday i had a guy with a brand new jd 7?7 ztr and all brand new handheld equipment come into a place while i was cutting and tried to get my account .lol . he didnt get it .
  4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Around here we just wave at each other as we pass by. Its amazing how we tend to spot each other in a crowd of traffic. . .kinda like when you buy a new truck and then it seems like everybody has the same truck. . .except there's a friendly competitor's hand in the dash waving at you. :waving:
  5. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

Had a lawn competitor spread rumors about me around town and now he doesn't have his business anymore and has asked me to mow for him, of course I said yes and didn't gouge him on price. Did a leaf clean-up last fall for him too. Oh well, it's money!
  6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

well this has nothing to do with another company but. I was stoped at a stop light and a woman on a bike raced by my trailer, and ran into the tube of my blower smack right in the face it was weird. the tube normaly dosn't stick off the trailer but the way i tied it down i guess it was sticking out about 14"? she stoped looked back and then just turned around and took off.

it's a b/p blower on a rack.....
  7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Same thing here, we're all friends.
  8. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

About ten years ago I had 3 houses in a row, nice tract homes but not my usual market or area. I was trying to get out without pissing anyone off. Saw a new lco at the house next door. Introduced myself to the foreman who turned out to be the owner, recent transplant from the midwest. Seemed like an OK guy just started his biz here.His family was in the biz back home. I invited him to the state L/S association meeting, told him I would introduce him around and what a good industry this was. He said yes love to go thanks etc. I also mentioned that these homes were not my cup of tea and I would give them to him if he stuck around for a month and I saw that he was coming to his account and doing an OK job. He said thanks that would be great. My foreman came in that day and said after I left the guy offered him a buck more per hour and 100 bucks for every account he could bring with him.

Fast foreword to now he has a large company, does crap work, if the valley was'nt growing so fast he would be out of business. I just took a 2-K per month account from him, but the homeowners called me, and I didn't steal it, or low-ball it and I didn't bad mouth the guy, but the homeowners sure did. They said he was very unethical. The Karma works
  9. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Alot of us wave to each other when passing and sometimes help each other out with equipment and labor.:waving:
  10. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

my only competition is a tree guy, who I work with. we're all good friends. better to have em as friends than not, aint it? then ya got buddies to help ya out when you really need it.