whats the worst thing you hit with a trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, May 4, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i was at a customers house the other day and was trimming along a sidewalk when i hit a roll of fishing line. man, that crap got all tangled up. it took me 20 minutes to cut all that stuff out. to date, thats the worst for me. so, whats the worst thing you've hit with your trimmer. thanks

2. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

cable line, or that heavy thick wire used to ground something. LMAO
  3. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

In no particular order here are some fun things that I've hit with a weedeater:
    Fresh dog poop, frogs, dead rats, rocks, thick vines, fishing line, cables,wires.

I'm sure I'm leaving several out that I can't think of.

Also, having to weedeat against a chain link fence is not a fun experience.
  4. MortonLawn

MortonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

by far the worst would have to be hitting a fresh pile of dog poop when you don't have the guard on your trimmer. gets all over you! UGH!! :dizzy:
  5. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Fresh dog poop is always pleasant, especially when it sprays up and hits you in the face. I occasionally hit a snail or a slug which always seems to hit me in the face. Just Friday I hit a rock and it actually went up my nose, hurt like crazy and made me sneeze a bunch. I am going to get an edgit, partly for the utility of the item, and partly for the protection.
  6. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

IMO, hitting a hill of stinging ants is worse than doggy poop.
  7. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Hitting a used condom. :cry: Let me tell you, I would rather hanve hit dog crap than that condom.
  8. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Little pebbles that lodge in my brain via the nose. I hit a bottle once at the corner of a shed, I still get glass coming out of my calf to this day.
  9. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I was just about to say that. So NASTY!
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Another fun one is that PCV type of plastic, like those white irrigation pipes in an upside-down U shape LOL.
    Ahhh yes touching PCV plastic with the string lol, also trailer park homes their skirting is made of the same stuff.

For those of you who don't know, trimmer string cuts through that stuff like a hot knife through soft butter.
    I swear to you even with trimmer on idle you touch that pipe with the string and it leaks LOL
    Not necessarily nasty, but very annoying and a good time waster too as I run off to get the patch kit.

Certain bushes and certain ornamental grasses the string cuts off a branch which smacks in the arm and starts to bleeding.
    Glass OMG watch out for that crap the string will shatter it!

Done the dog poo, good stuff.
    Chain link fences too.
    But aggregate driveways, that stuff eats string good as well.
    Cable TV or Sat.TV cables :cry: