What's the worst thing you've been accused of by a customer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sooners, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Sooners

Sooners LawnSite Member

I had a customer accuse me or my partner/son of urinating in her empty milk jugs. :nono: She uses them to water her plants. Now, when we're at her house (typically a 2-4 hr. job each week) and we need to go to the restroom, we just say "I need to use a milk jug". (Quietly and only to each other of course). :D
  2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Let me see that would have to be being accused of sleeping with his wife.
  3. i_plant_art

i_plant_art LawnSite Senior Member

maybe u should shat in her milk jug and see how she likes that. LOL never anything too bad had a call today from a guy saying he felt insulted b/c i charged him a $3 late fee on a $60 monthly account for being 11 days past due when i give my customers 30 days to pay. GEE WIZ my bad pay on time.. our conversation wasnt long i lost a customer but hey he wadnt worth it anyhow to complain over $3 and being late. This was his 2nd time in 3 months to be late. Someone else can have him. Thats bout the worst of it for me as of lately.
  4. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

i had a lady tell me that she wouldnt let me drive on her driveway until we picked all the mud from our tires frist. :dizzy:
  5. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

i can't say I've been acused of anything. generally i cover my bases. but 8 years ago, an employee that was the company drunk, did a # 2 in front of a customers house behind the bushes kneeling down. I guess the customer walked out the front door and happen to look to the left in the bushes and saw the whole thing..... I was mowing the back lawn when this happpened. I can't recall everything that was said, but the customer was pis***. from what i heard. I'f it we're me, i would have fired him on the spot!!!!! can't say that was the worst he ever did, but I'll leave that for another thread...... :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :cool:

6. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

i worked for a guy that could come close to that. we were mowing a high end lawn and they homeowners is always a prick. so the guy gets mad and cuts a 50' bullseye in his front yard right in the middle. one light stripe and the other dark all the way out! perfect circle on a walk behind. i thought it was kinda funny but man was he mad.
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Just tell her it's like Miracle grow, only better..LOL :p
    So,if you guys didn't do it, who was whizzing in her milk jugs??? :D
  8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

A brick. An old lady called me to ask if I stole a brick she had in a corner of the lawn. She put it there 2 years earlier and now it was gone. haha.
  9. cutnedge

cutnedge LawnSite Member

Spraying Roundup along a chain-link fence.
  10. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

i was accused of planting moss by a gutter downspout! :laugh: