1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

whats the worst thing you've killed while mowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Feb 4, 2008.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

i've run over some baby rabbits and some frogs. whats the worst you've killed? just thought this would be a fun thread.
  2. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

just rabbits and copperhead sakes and BIG bad rocks
  3. tamadrummer

tamadrummer LawnSite Bronze Member

So far I have killed a baby dusky pygmy rattle snake in my own yard and a couple of water moccasins when I was line trimming retention ponds while working for my friends company over the summer.
  4. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

Snakes, moles, mice, endless toads and frogs.
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Scalped a big toad on one pass with my 21" in taller grass. Didn't see him on the pass coming back. Hope his friends liked his haircut:)
  6. huntemup

huntemup LawnSite Member

ran over a nest of baby bunnies,killed some of them .Cut the ears half off three of them,it was'nt funny ,it was sad and gross. Hit a 6foot black snake,stalled the mower had to cut it out of the blades.Nasty
  7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

Lots of meadow voles, cut a pocket gopher in two w/ a 36" T-bar. Killed a rattlesnake while doing fert and squirt.
  8. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

lots of frogs, few mice.... didnt kill it but i ran over a dead kitten that was prolly about 5 or 6 weeks old when it died. i didnt see it till it was too late. i'm just glad it was already dead... i already felt bad enough
  9. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

I hit a black snake so big it sopped my lazar.
    The worst thing ever was when I use to mow large fields on horse farms i hit a ground hog its was a mess.
  10. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

Good sized turtle probably the worst for me. Quite a few baby rabbits but the turtle definately came out in a grosser fashion.