whats the worst u ever worked in

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by JJLandscapes, Aug 2, 2006.

1. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

being as i was working today and the thermometer said 110 degrees and 105 at another house in the shade i thought i was gonna die but we ended up doing 45 of thr 50 houses the past 2 days and tomorow is suppose to be 90-95 and ive never been so happy lol

whats the hottest youve worked in u texas, cali, arizona area people im sure u got it worse

2. PerennialSuccess

PerennialSuccess LawnSite Member

doing manual labor in 140degree 100% humidity green houses is ALWAYS a blast.

3. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Man I done heard enough horror stories, I don't work outside when the heat index is 104+.

That stuff can knock you on your tail without warning, and when it does you have a serious problem, even more so if you're by yourself but either way, unless someone acts fast... And if someone is there and reacts instantly, it is still possible by the time it's all said and done, the doctor tells you in all seriousness that you can never go out in the heat again...

That stuff can hurt you like a heart attack or a stroke, it usually only lasts a few days, I might work in the pm or the am but I will not work through the worst of it, no way, no how.

5. TURFLORD

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

After 24yrs it's hard to say what's the worst. Let's just say I've worked through ALL of it.:hammerhead:

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

This week was one of the worst I can remember...it was even hard to breathe.