What's the wrost thing That's happened this season?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Greatdane612001, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Greatdane612001

Greatdane612001 LawnSite Member

I was thinking back today What events that's happened to me my frist season out on my own!

1. All my equipment got solen late june on a Sunday night around 7 pm When the sun's still out:eek:
    5x8 open trailer
    48' lesco that I was making payments on
    And a Damn Good Toro

2. When th mower I replace the 48' with I got a used 48' encore hydo them 2 weeks after I got it the enigine blew out....

3. And last but not lease the truck breaking down a couple of times...

But the good thing is, Is that no one's sick or dead

So..... What i'm askin of you guy's Is What's The worst thing That's happen to you guy's this year?????? :(
  2. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

My employee cut is toe off last week while cutting weeds in a ditch. Other than that it has been a good year.
  3. Currier

Currier LawnSite Senior Member

I tore the axle off my trailer at 45 mph. SCARY!
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Got stung for $9,100...one of our largest residentials...don't ask why the bill got so high.

Oh well, I will tell you...$385 per cut, fert 6 times a year @ $885, aerate twice a year at $685, other services to boot.

Been doing biz for bout 7 years now and never a problem...then they filed Chapter 7 (no good to me that I even have a lien on the prop...they can't be forced to sell since it is the primary residence).

Maybe in 10 years I will get 3 cents on the dollar...LOL (big time)
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

BTW, I forgot...s**t happens
  6. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

someone stole my brand new husqvarna chain saw that i had used all of three times. what really burns me up is that i had it in a crapsman case. that means that whoever stole it, thought they were stealing a crapsman and got a husqvarna instead.
  7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

22 Flats in one mowers tire,7 flats in the other mowers tires, trucks front end went out of alignment twice, both front shocks on truck blown out (01 f-350 psd), lost 23 accounts many reasons other than bad work, lcoked motor in brand new hedge trimmer, broke one window other than that I cant complain nothing large knock on wood. Just picked up 2 apparment complexes and 1 family eatery in the same week so im pretty happy.
  8. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I got an owie on my finger :)
  9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

After reading the bad luck that you guys had, I should be thankful that I just broke one window. I hope all of you have a better yaer in 2003!
  10. Greatdane612001

Greatdane612001 LawnSite Member

THANKS!!!!! I need all the hope I can get!:D :D :D