What's this Surfer worth?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Simone Lawn Service, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Simone Lawn Service

Simone Lawn Service LawnSite Member

You guys have a lot more experience with buying/selling ztrs-what is this machine worth. It's a Great Dane Surfer 48" with a 17hp Kaw. 325 hours/big league lawns striping kit/one set of high lifts, one set of Gators/it's three years old almost to the day/It looks very nice/has been maintained well and has a new set of decals for the deck. I'm thinking about $2500??? Tell me what you guys think.

2. SeaJay

SeaJay LawnSite Member

That sounds like a fair price. What did you pay for the striping kit?

3. Simone Lawn Service

I believe the striping kit was about $200.00. It makes a huge difference, but I had to get really creative with the install on my particular mower due to ver little clearence in front of the standing platform.

4. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would guess $2500.00-$3200.00, is it electric or pull start?

5. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Great Dane is giving away new ones starting at $3999.

Offer him $2k

6. Simone Lawn Service

I'm selling mine, not buying one (won't make that mistake twice) LOL. A worker at one of my commercial properties is interested, and I told him $2500. I'm taking it out to his house tomorrow for him to try it out. I'll be tickled pink if I get the full $2500, By the way-it's a pull start.

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

If it was mine i would take $1800, as a matter of fact i would take $1800 for mine, and its a 52 electric start.

8. SeaJay

SeaJay LawnSite Member

I take it you did not like this mower??

9. Simone Lawn Service

This was my first commercial ztr, so when I got it three years ago it was like a Cadillac to me. It has paid for itself several times over, but for only having three hundred hours on it (I only mow part time) I feel I have put a lot more money into it than I should have. Also, after demoing a Lazer Z, the cut quality was just a night and day difference. Time to move up to something nicer and more productive.