1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats this truck worth?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by JohnsonLawn, Oct 24, 2007.

1. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 92 Chevy K3500 1 ton dump with a 454ci, 5 spd., 8ft Fisher plow and 94,500 miles. I am curious as to what this truck is worth, as I have been kicking the idea around of selling it and buying a diesel. Truck runs great and has been well maintained. Recent rear brakes, wheel bearings, all new shocks, 2 new front tires and new steering stabilizer. Throw some numbers at me guys.

2. Dstosh

Dstosh LawnSite Senior Member

There is one similar arround here going for 7600. I Think that is a bit outragous, I would say That one there is 5-6500 I dont know. People ask crazy prices for 1 ton dumps. Mind as well be one of them. If it sells, it sells.
  3. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

no more then 8 more like 6 or 7 to be real about it
  4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

Prices obviously vary by region, a clean '92 1 ton dump out here would go for over $10K, as long as it wasn't a bucket of rust under that pretty red paint.
  5. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

that's a sharp lookin rig for a '92, very nice. i would just keep on runnin it, that would be hard to give up
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

omg that's like me asking you how much a boeing 747 costs...
    20 years old, with quad Rolls Royce turbo fans.

There's just too much left out for guesswork,
    I say 4,250 but why not find out for yourself, go to:
  7. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the advise, but I did look at KBB and they only have a listing for the K3500 pickup, not the dually or the dump bed or the plow, etc. So, seeing as we (user on this site) have a good working knowledge of these vehicles, just thought I would ask. Besides, KBB gives you a market value, not what someone is willing to pay. But thanks, and by the way, my plane is not for sale.
  8. cutbetterthanyou

cutbetterthanyou LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are not in a hurry to sell it watch ebay for the next few months see what they are selling for that should give you a idea. I don't really know what it is worth but if i was looking for anotheir truck i would give you 7-8k tops
  9. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

I would keep it if I was you thats a sharp truck...I wouldn't spend the money if you don't have to especially if that truck is running good...but if I was in the market for that truck I'd probably pay around $7k...more if it was diesel (obviously)

Anyways, good luck with whichever path you take
  10. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I think I would hold on to it.

What is the reason for the different treat pattern on the duals?