1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats this truck worth?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Albery's Lawn & Tractor, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

A local contractor here is selling his truck. Its a Dodge 3500 5.9 GASSER, auto, plain work truck, 88K miles. KBB says around $8,500. Guy is asking alot more then that ($13K) but I know he'll never get that. Clean truck, I won't use it enough to justify buying a diesel, and would mainly pull an enclosed trailer at 6K LBS, and sometimes a equipment trailer with around 10K LBS but not very often.

dodge dump1.jpg

dodge dump2.jpg
  2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

if you dont buy that thing for eight thousand I WILL!!! that seems like a good deal. haha
  3. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

That's a really nice truck!!
  4. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

seems like a clean truck.. id say somewhere around 8 sounds right
  5. Itzkcatz

Itzkcatz LawnSite Member
    from CT

9500 max. Just because it has a dump. I bought my 1999 quad cab with every option and a 488 v10 for 8300 with 81k
  6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

no more than 7k for me.
  7. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

What year is it and what type of dump?electric?PTO?Tranny?
  8. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I agree!!!! :clapping:
  9. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

Not 13k but I think 8 to 9k would be a steal. Probably worth 10 or 11
  10. Branching Out

Branching Out LawnSite Member

I agree...and that's pushing it for me. The problem with a Dodge is the transmissions. I had a Dodge mechanic tell me once " How many Dodge trucks do you see that are tow trucks?" NONE. Reason is is that the tranny is the weak link. Ford, Chevy, or GMC...That's it for me...Although to be honest, all my trucks are Fords, and my cars are Caddy's........