1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats this white stuff???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PMLAWN, Mar 17, 2005.

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

1st week of steady maintenance- Rain Mon. No go. Tues. was great so we got Mondays work done. Rain Wednesday. No go on maintenance. Move 10 yards of mulch across a muddy backyard. Heavy rain and 38*. Pray my guys will return to work today.
    Thurs, 5:am, phone rings. Auto call from school. No school due to SNOW!!!
    Look out and sure is, white stuff 1/8 of a inch deep on the grass. Can you believe the school system.
    Kids are home so 2 of my Handyman guys have to play Mr. Mom. Now no maintenance or handyman income. (about 25 of my customers are still by the cut).
    Rain set for Fri and into next week. Off to a great start. Ground is so soft now that it will take 3 days to get on it even if it does stop raining.

"Always look on the bright side of life, (whistle)" From the life of Brian,
    6 renovations and new planted lawns we did last week will be getting a lot of water.

See you all in Aug. when it is 95* and no water and the brown grass crunches under you feet.

I will now sign off form the always happy land of SNOWY North Carolina. :D
  2. Jerry and Sons

Jerry and Sons LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I still have piles of snow at the end of my driveway. It just never seems to melt.
  3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Yep, very snowy in southern Va this am too, the grass is covered but the roads are mainly slush. We had so pretty warm weather in Dec and Jan, I figured we would have winter right till April 1st
  4. jkkalbers

jkkalbers LawnSite Member

Well if it makes you feel better we're supposed to get a foot of snow tonight through tommorow.
  5. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

That is what we need jkkalbers. We do still have about a foot of settled snow on the ground, but is is melting fast. Right now it is light snow, 30 degrees and 44mph gusts. Hopefully everything will drift in so I can go out and plow.