whats this worth??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by M RASCOE&SONS, Sep 9, 2008.

1. M RASCOE&SONS

M RASCOE&SONS LawnSite Bronze Member

im lookin for a mason dump and today i came across this 1991 ford f450,2wd,auto with pto dump .when i called on it the guy wasnt sure what motor was in it but im thinkin 460( lots of gas)and it has 124 k for miles.what do you guys think of this truck ? pros cons etc

truck_1[1].jpg

truck_4[1].jpg

truck2[1].jpg

2. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Looks clean! $2,500- $3,000 max??? Pro's- 460 BBF= plenty of power ,Con's- It's not a diesel or is it? Some of them did come with 6.9L diesels in them (non-turbo) The guy raised the bed for you...did you look at the engine?

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Since its a 91, it would be a 7.3L (non-tubro, IDI) if it was a diesel. I'm looking at a similat truck myself only its an 88. Does the truck have over drive?

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Its hard to tell by the pictures but a truck like that would sell here for no less than 5 grand gas or diesel.

I had a 88 F-Superduty with a 11 foot dump 460 power and 5spd the truck was a work horse. I used to put 8000-9000lbs on it and go deliver the material. Yes it was overloaded but the truck handled the weight and it had enough brakes. The only problem I had was the clutch wasn't strong enough when the truck was grossing 17,000lbs.

I had another F-Superduty same era truck with 7.3 IDI power the 460 had more jam but it burned double the fuel. With the 7.3 being heavier on the front end and the front tires would sink out of sight in soft ground.

The only thing with the F-Superduty trucks is you have to run the best 16 inch commercial rated tires. Also you have to run the best brake pads and brake rotors.

A 460 will get 6mpg loaded and 8mpg empty the old IDI used to get 10 loaded and 11.5 empty.

5. M RASCOE&SONS

he emailed me these pics.when i asked what motor it had he said he wasnt sure,im thinkin he said that thinkin i would still come and look at it because if its a big block
    i think most guys will pass on it.

6. M RASCOE&SONS

i just got off the phone with another guy selling a dump and he has a 1989 f superduty
    with 7.3 and 5spd ,11 ft pto flat dump body with removable sides and top for fall cleanup.80 k miles new glow plugs and glowplug timer,new brakes and good tires
    all around.nice body in pics.

2nd truck.jpg

7. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

both look good. couldnt say on price though.

8. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

tell him to pop the hood and look!!! Its not hard...

9. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Thats nice!!

10. M RASCOE&SONS

the guy with the green truck never called me back with engine size ,go figure i bet its a big block.the yellow truck isnt bad at all but its not 4wd so i think im gonna pass on it.