Whats this worth?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Danscapes, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

I just looked at a used Toro 52" hydro, floating deck, walk-behind, and the guys wants $2500. I have no idea what year it is but it only has 500 hrs. on it. It also has a velky that is like an independent suspension, looks like to ski's with caster on the back. I have never dealt with Toro's before but need a 52" mower for this season and just wanna see if this might be a good deal.

2. rywnygc

rywnygc LawnSite Senior Member

being that Im a cheap bastard, Id offer him less. My best info for you is to look it up on ebay and go to the left side and scroll down to completed listings. That will give you a good idea what they go for. Thats what pawn shops do when they price stuff.

3. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

That's a little high of a price for 500 hours IMO. For twice that you could get a brand new one with a warranty. Hows the paint? Faded? Did you run it? Hydros strong, no smoke, tight spindles etc..

4. rywnygc

oh and I love toro. Great reliable and easy to work on if needed

5. rywnygc

twice that is 5000! Thats why some of us buy used. I dont need warranties because if something breaks, I fix it. If I cant, my buddy usually can. I say always buy used if you can get a deal.

6. Danscapes

Danscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Paints a little faded, haven't ran it either. My dealer said they are kind of notorious for bad spindle bearings, but he is not a Toro dealer.

7. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

There is an 07 sitting on ebay right now listed at $2999. Take a look at it and compare.

8. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I should correct my self, there a little more then that.

9. silverado212

silverado212 LawnSite Senior Member

I have never had a spindle problem out of any of my Toros.

10. Kirks68

Kirks68 LawnSite Member

While you fellas are estimating, what do you think about a 2007 Scag 61in 27hp kohler with 250 hrs and very well maintained. Used by a homeowner not a LCO.