What's this worth

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by keno, May 23, 2004.

1. keno

keno LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I can buy a new Hustler Super Z 60" 25 Kawi for 7700.

Or I have a opportunity to buy a 03 of the same machine, used with less than "50hrs on the clock" (not + if its actual, looks very used) dealer just replaced engine last week under warranty.Cause was Blown Seals.

The used unit also has the bagger vac attachment which is about a 2K option if you need one.

The owner wants to sell it as a package. I really don't need the bagger and should be able to sell it for 1200 outright.

What' a fair price. Also Hustler will not transfer warranty to 2nd owner. The dealer cant call the customer a liar about the hrs. But he questions the hrs as well. But the clock shows no sign of tampering. He sold the customer the unit last summer and he knows he cuts only as a side job.

Any ideas guys. Should I bite or just by a new one and forget the bagger

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Buy the new one. Seals don't just blow for no reason. Who knows what abouse the unit recived.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

have to agree with ya. Something seems fishy to me about the seals blowing
  4. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I concur!
  5. keno

keno LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

The dealer was surprised to when he called Kawi, they asked for the serial # and sent him a replacement engine. According to him, Kawi said they did have a issue with certain engines. At least now it has a brand NEW engine!!

Either way , Im still trying to find a good #. Im thinking 6500

What say you, Is it a insult?