What's this????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doc Pete, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

One of my customers just told "Chemlawn" approached her with a proposal for "complete" lawncare, including mowing and mulch, beds etc. Anyone else hear of this????? They told they were branching out....... Hmmmm, another guy trying to steal a piece of the pie:mad: :(

2. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

They offer full service where I live as well. More people to compete against but isn't that the fun of this job…or wait was that the money.
    :dizzy:

Gravely_Man

3. Doc Pete

They quoted her $4,000, so I'm not really worried:D :D.........
    Thanks,
    Pete

4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Switchless- I have seen them offering full service here, too, but I believe they are only doing maintenance on commercial properties. Don't see their trucks often, so I don't know how much they are doing. There are a few companies on LI that pretty much have the large commercial market cornered.

5. fox

fox LawnSite Member
    from MN

up here trugreen \chemlawn has been purchasing smaller lawn services to get into the full service game. this season it seems they are undecutting heavy on the mowing to wrap the customer for their 8 mo. chemical program. seems like every corner i turn i see the chemlawn truck. most of my customers have been disatisfied with TGCL, so i guess they help me stay in business as well!!

6. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know what u mean fox.

When I use to live up there (3mths ago) they were trying to get started.

Around here the companies are usually " Ann's Lawnservice, Mr Wangs Lawns, Ky's landscaping. They are usually un-lettered and lowball.

Back to Truegreen- Around they have the same logo as truegreen but, they are called "Truegreen Landcare"

7. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Down here they are trying the full service thing as well. All I ever see for their equipment is old trashy looking stuff. I only see them at commercial accounts right now too.

I am sure they are like everyone else and want more, but they have pissed off too many with the applications so they will never get a firm hold on the residential market.

8. Doc Pete

If the they mow the way some of them are using the sulky driven spreader, and divoting up the lawn, It'll just give me more business...........

9. ahah

ahah LawnSite Member
    from 5

I wonder if they will reduce the amount of nitrogen they use in their applications now that they are going to be cutting their own lawns.

10. Welcome to the big corporate world of TGCL and John Deere.

JD can help TGCL piss off more clients for me to have.