Whats up Florida?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by mommacutz, Mar 24, 2005.

1. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

Season has gotten off to a good start! How are you guys doing?

2. greenlawngone

greenlawngone LawnSite Member
    from fl

just waiting for the phone to ring.

3. mommacutz

what part of Florida are you in? Up here we are getting slammed can barely keep up.

4. greenlawngone

from fl

I'm in st.augustine,just started this year.No full time customers yet,just one time cuts.I have been advertising in the local paper,but i feel things will be picking up very soon.

5. mommacutz

That's how it starts out. One time cuts are a great oppurtunity for long term customers when you do a good job. We have had our last frost I think and people are really starting to evaluate their lawns now. We are up here in Jacksonville.

6. greenlawngone

from fl

Speaking of picking up,just got a call for an estimate in one of the new subdivision's.Grass is starting to going to go door to door next to drum up customers.

7. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

Slamminnn payup :cool2: :cool2:

8. greenlawngone

from fl

The door to door worked well last week,got six new accounts.All of the accounts are in the areas i wanted to target,because of potential growth, i may obtain more accounts,which would be good.

9. mommacutz

Yeaaah! just handed out first round of flyers. Nothing fancy or expensive, been getting a ton of phone calls got 5 new customers and 2 tear out jobs. I just love the Florida sunshine.

10. greenwithenvylandscape

greenwithenvylandscape LawnSite Member

We have a commericial starting on cable on Apr 11 and it should be a great season!