What's up Louisiana?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by LawnStop, Feb 6, 2014.

1. LawnStop

LawnStop LawnSite Member

My name is Marcus from Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. I've been wanting to register on lawnsite for awhile now, I’m finally getting the time to do so. I have been reading on the forum for a few months now, and its has helped answer so many question I have had. I'm in the process of setting up my LLC and getting everything lined up to kick off the 2014 season. I’m pretty much starting from the ground up. This being my first season I’m planing on offering the basic lawn maintenance services, with many goal of expanding to other additional services. I’m plan on buying everything from the trailer up. So far I have made up mind to go with the Gravely Pro-turn 48'' for the ZT. Shindaiwa brand for my trimmer, backpack blower, and edger. I have not yet made decisions on what model for the backpack blower or the edger, in saying that if anyone has some experience with the band, any advice is more then appreciated. I plan on putting all this on a new 6x12 single axle open trailer. My marketing is pretty small at this point because I cant not make up my mind as to how I want to market my business. Business cards are a given so is the sign to go on the back of my utility trailer. I have gone back and forth on EDDM, door hanger, or fliers, not sure what to use. I know I’m going to do a lot of door to door as well. So again if anyone from Louisiana has some advice, love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!

2. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome from a Louisiana buddy!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Welcome from the North Country...

In my humble opinion, I think you are right on the mark with Shindiawa...

I run all Shindaiwa handhelds(except for saws, I run Stihl saws)

I love Shindaiwa stuff and I am always happy with them...

Of course other brands out there are great but I am just brand loyal to Shindy so I stick with it...

5. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

What's up Marcus? I'm glad your on board with us.

6. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

Posted via Mobile Device

7. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

It's always tough to decide where to spend your advertising budget
    especially if you don't have one. Our Lawnsite customers have found our door
    hanger special for $79 very helpful. You get 1,000 of our full color Band-It
    Door Hangers that stay on the door like they are supposed to, full color,
    4.25 x 11 and you can utilize our online designer. If you need help with a
    design, for $20 more our graphic designer will create a professional door
    hanger design for you. If you want more information request free samples at www.adeasprinting.com
    Hope this helps with marketing. Thanks, Glenda. Glenda@adeasprinting.com
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Cascio05

Cascio05 LawnSite Member

Hello Marcus, I love the Shindaiwa products. If you are looking for an awesome back pack blower the shindaiwa 854 is a bad boy. I also have an Echo 770 and its power is no where close to the 854.

9. LawnStop

LawnStop LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice, I’m going to see about demoing the 854!

10. rogerdodger

rogerdodger LawnSite Member

Everything in the mowing equip is good, your choice, But I would go with a 6 by 16 trailer. YOu will need another mower for smaller yards and as a backup and pay the little extra for the brakes.