1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

whats up nod to other lawn service crews?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by beachtownlawnservice, Aug 5, 2010.

1. beachtownlawnservice

beachtownlawnservice LawnSite Member

do you guys give a whats up nod to other crews you see around town? I try to be friendly and give a nod to other crews and they just look at me like im crazy...whats wrong with people?
  2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

We wave around here. Sorta the hand half way up deal... Maybe they think you're trying to intimidate. Are you nodding up or down?
  3. JTlawns2

JTlawns2 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

We get ignored
  4. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

i wave to all but one LCO, and he is the one that every one hates! and he hates everyone!
  5. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I'm friends or maybe I should say friendly with all the guys that have been around for years.

Whats funny is, some of the newer ones won't even wave.
  6. -Dalton-

-Dalton- LawnSite Member

always nod or do the thing where you unwrap a finger or two from the top of 12 o'clock position on the steering wheel as a quick wave
  7. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

yes, i nod to every one , and they usually nod back
  8. Texas Lawn

Texas Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

i stopped noding because nobody seemed to do it back. Good to see most people doing it, kill them with kindness
  9. stan the man

stan the man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

i wave we all know all company round here and we have lunch together
  10. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

No one around here will wave, ive tried they all look the other way, even the big guys with 3 ztrs and 5 people all the way down to the guy pulling a craftsman on a 5x10 trailer no friendliness