What's up with Dixie Chopper?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mownlawns, Dec 5, 2003.

1. mownlawns

mownlawns LawnSite Member

Hoping someone has some insight. I ordered a Dixie Chopper X2001-50 (my first experience with Dixie Chopper) in mid November from my local dealer after extensive research of models near $6000. I know it's the slow time of the year for mower sales (at least here in WV), but my dealer originally advised that I would receive the unit in about a week-and-a-half. Now the story has changed and they stated sometime after the new year and they avoided my calls several times before telling me this today. I tried to contact Dixie Chopper via e-mail several times previous to my purchase in reference to questions my dealer could not seem to answer about the product and they never responded. Should have known better then. So I sent them another e-mail to determine if they were behind in production or what the delay was about and have not received a response at all again. Is this a typical response for Dixie Chopper with a customer and is there always a delay for an ordered model? I sure would have liked to use the snowplow on this unit today during this snowstorm. :confused:

2. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

The problem could be with the local dealer. For whatever reason he doesn't seem to be able to get product.

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Call your dealer and talk to them again, hound them to death, surely they will want to sell you a mower in this off-peak season. Unfortunately that is not one of Dixie Choppers top selling products so production may be slower (just my opinion). Trust me, it will be worth the wait. I don't know if Dixie Chopper would recommend you putting a plow on that unit though, ask them.

4. mownlawns

mownlawns LawnSite Member

In reference to the snowplow, this model is the commercial entry level and not a "Silver Eagle". The snowplow is available for it per factory specs. I imagine if it can "tow a ton", it could push a 60" snow plow. I have a JD4110HST that is used for the main plowing, but the zero-turn sure would make it nice up close to the house! Thanks for the replies guys!

5. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

i might get mad enuf to back out

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

What dealer are you going through? Sounds a little funny to me.There are a few dealers around here who can get the same mower,providing it is available from Dixie, in a matter of days.Nice to see someone else from WV here:D

7. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Red flags would be going off with a delay like that, a week and a half is too long already. This does not sound like Dixie.
    Why don't you CALL THEM, quit assuming your e-mail is going through.

You didn't pay any up front money did you?

You really ought to find out the real story, then find another dealer, or another brand mower, this doesn't speak well of future dealings does it?

8. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I would tell the dealer to forget it. If he wanted your business he would be up front with you and say, I waiting for the promotions at Dixie to come out so I can make more profit from you. If you went with company that was a sponsor on lawn site you could find out ASAP. And then when or if you have problems, you could know the answer before your dealer.
    Just my .02

Jeff

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

2004 Exmarks will have a less expensive lazer z that you can even put a cab and snow blower on it as well as a plow.
    Good luck
    John

pic_exmark_lazer2.jpg

10. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

ThatÂ’s a great pic. John- With the support of Exmark and a cab/snowblower what more could you want mownlawns.:waving:

Jeff