Whats up with green barrels?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mowerdude777, Feb 25, 2009.

1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I have just learned a bit about green barrels and think that they seem over priced, are they any good mostly they are used for leaf removal couldn't't I just use a trash can since they are a lot cheaper or am I better off with green barrels. Your input would be appreciated.
  2. G&G Maintenace

G&G Maintenace LawnSite Member

the green barrels have a larger opening that a normal trash can does, but i also use just normal trash cans..they are cheaper and easier to carry
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

the green barrels are somewhat flexible and take abuse better than a garbage can. We don't use ours too often any more. Now we use Bagsters. much better for our operation.
  4. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Doesn't matter if its a green barrel or a commercial grade rubbermaid barrel, they are MUCH better made. I have a few rubbermaid barrels that are going to be 8 years old and still in good shape.My green barrels are 3 years old and are good as new. Buy the homeowner trash cans and they might last 2 years. You get what you pay for! I use mine for grass, leaves, anything!
  5. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

I remember when I was first starting. I used to see all the big guys with those green barrels.

When I first bought one, I felt I was bigtime then.
  6. IntegrityGuy

IntegrityGuy LawnSite Senior Member

i heard you can buy them at home depot. is that true?
  7. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I herd of them here on lawnsite. I have never seen a company in my area with any
  8. nemow

nemow LawnSite Senior Member

They hold more grass and have a wider stance.

I saw a couple orange ones, anyone know where to find orange (green) barrels?
  9. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

YES you can get them at home depot. I have got two of them and love them. Gone through the metal handles the first yesr, but now I have rope for them.Spring and fall cleanups are the only times I use these. They hold more than normal trash cans...
  10. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

damn, miss those barrels.... I can't find em' anywhere down here. I've seen one ONCE on the back of an LCO's trailer.... never have I come across one for sale... damn damn damn...
    Any Carolinians know where I can pick one up, let me know...