Whats up with green barrels?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mowerdude777, Feb 25, 2009.

1. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

Ebay baby:weightlifter:

2. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

suppose to visit dirty jerz soon.... maybe I'll grab one and bring it back on the plane with me... :eek:)

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

wow, we have two of those and stopped using them due to not able to get bags to fit the wide mouth anymore, does home depot have them???? if so i am in luck once again!!!!!!!!!

4. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Our home depot sure dosn't sell them. I agree that a great alternative is the Rubbermaid Commercial cans, they are usually grey. They are HEAVY though, so once you get them loaded it may be a 2 man job getting them in a truck. At least the handles dosn't just rip off like the cheaper ones...

I've found that rectulangular storage bins, the big ones, work awesome for shrub trimmings, cleaning out beds, etc. They are low to the ground so it's easier to get stuff into them, wind dosn't blow them over (usually) and they have a lot more uses than a normal 33 gallon trash can.

5. nickroqs

nickroqs LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I think they're easier to use. Bigger, more flexible, more durable.

6. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

what about the handles i have herd that they are week

7. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I always have one on the truck. They're virtually indestructible. I don't use them as much with the truck loader, but I'm always finding a use for them.

8. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

I think Lesco has them.

9. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Found ONE!!!! John Deere took over Lesco.... stopped in the shop today.... low and behold... waaaaaaay in the corner of the store.... a green barrel.... was like finding gold.... I think I even saw a rainbow coming out of it....
    $49-....

I didn't buy it... too cheap.

10. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

You kill me man....I WANT, I WANT, I WANT....I FOUND, I FOUND,....I PASSED:confused: By the way, Jersey anit dirty...Its the rest of the states that are too clean...:laugh::laugh::laugh: