1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Whats up with green barrels?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by mowerdude777, Feb 25, 2009.

1. G&G Maintenace

G&G Maintenace LawnSite Member

make a pair out of rope...they work better easier on the hands

2. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Seems like my operation wouldn't need them...

All my clippings and other debris goes staight into the back of the truck or onto a tarp and on the trailer on in the back of the truck..

but they do look cool...do you guys use them for maintenance?

3. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

hahaha... good point... Never looked at it that way....

I'll get the barrel... just didn't feel like gettin' it yesterday. Won't be doing routine cutting for another month or so.

4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

around here 50 gal rubbermaids are like 20 bucks cheaper than the green barrels which are sixty gallons, have a wider opening, and can take the abuse much better(except for the bottoms wearing out). I heard about them on here and they are hard to find around here,but I love them and they are worth it IMO

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

That' hilarious....I'll have to remember that one.:laugh:

6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

NJ guys FYI, got a handout from pridelandscape supply @ the show on Wednesday. They are having an openhouse on March 6th (dbl check date) and what caught my attention wasthe 60 gallon barrels for 39.99. I thought that was cheap. Lesco is selling them for 60 and I believe home cheapo is selling them for around 55 (if/when they actually carry them). BTW, they are located in south amboy. They have a few other show specials that are pretty enticing. I'm not sure if its a scam where its "while supplies last" or something like that.

7. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have any pics of these or a link where I can look these. Ive never seen one of these!

8. JeffNY

JeffNY LawnSite Senior Member

lol, I thought I was the only one, I was going to ask WTF are 'Green Barrels'?
    Only thing I can think of are those blue ones you cut in half to put kegs in.

9. G&G Maintenace

G&G Maintenace LawnSite Member

i was trying to see if I had a picture of my old one that long ago cracked...cant seem to find one..ill check the internet and see if i can dig up a picture.

10. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

heres a pic of one(they usually come with a handle)
    carrybarrelw_handle_180.jpg

carrybarrelw_handle_180.jpg