Whats Up With Kawasaki !

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Sep 19, 2005.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Five-month-old machine, and the Kawasaki engine has to undergo a value job; kind and considerate Kawasaki is trying to deny warranty coverage! Another Kawasaki blows at and sump, guess what? If you guessed trying to deny warranty again, you would be profoundly correct! They maintain this engine did not receive proper lubrication, at the darn sump! And we change out the oil and filter once a week on our machines.

Kawasaki’s are good, as long as nothing is malfunctions, if malfunctions do develop, it appears as if the warranty is worthless .Our dealer says, he going work on Kawasaki to cover the repairs. We shall see what comes of his efforts, either way Kawasaki’s actions, leaves bitter feelings for me,for Kawasaki as a company.

2. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Bill
    That does seem kind of odd to me.What did the dealer say about it?Are they going to back you up.Sounds like the dealer should be the one replacing it and fighting with Kawasaki.

3. BENTLEY'S

BENTLEY'S LawnSite Member

Don't feel bad. Kawasaki treats everyone that way. I don't know why they even bother to print out a waranty.

Bentley's

4. valleylawn79

valleylawn79 LawnSite Member

i agree, with as much money as we spend on these machines the dealers ought to be fighting for us. dam letting us-the consumer being in the middle all the time. i thought honda was the only quirky ones concerning warranties. thats ridiculous; i hope it works out in your favor 6' 7".

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

Very true Valleylawn.

The dealer here that I buy my mowers from would fight them...there is know doubt in my mind.

6. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say Kawasaki needs to get their stuff in order, and start honoring the warranty on their products. if you maintain it properly, and it fails and is under warranty, THEY should cover it under warranty, and not dodge the issue.

7. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's one for you Larry, Kawasaki has been denying a lot of warranty work. My dealer said they denied another guy’s machine warranty coverage, for values they did not seat at the factory! I don’t know if this phenomenon is confined to Chicago or the Midwest, but my dealer said there has been a rash of it !I hope my dealer will cover us; we buy many machines from him. The repairs are scheduled to be completed tomorrow on the value job, we will see what the dealer does.

We switched brands to stay with this guy,he has taken care of us exceptionally in the past!There might be a another brand switch !

8. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Well so far im happy with the Kohler i got..... makes me happy i decided the Kawasaki wasnt worth more money for whatever reason... I would have been happy with a Commercial briggs even.

9. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

Well, this is not exactly a reassuring thread. I read so much good about Kawasaki here on the forum that my newest mower has a liquid cooled Kawasaki.

I guess the key is to not need the warranty which is what you want from anything you buy.

BTW. You guys are a few months late with this thread. :rolleyes:

Good luck to all of us Kawasaki engine owners,
    Doc

10. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

I would recommend that all you guys go read the thread that is now on page 2 entitled: "oil filters???" In this thread there are several people talking about the various non mfg oil filters that will fit their engine.

Toward the end of the thread there is a poster named "Kawasakitech" that says something to the effect that he has their names and will use the information to prevent "warranty fraud." To me this sounds like he is looking for an excuse to deny a warranty claim.

This set me off pretty good! It is one thing to deny a claim due to customer abuse or even extreme negligence. It is quite another thing to go around looking for excuses to deny a claim.

If I could, I would take my new mower and find a factory guy that has such an attitude and put it where the sun don't shine.

Unbelievable.

I hope that these things are isolated incidents, although there seem to be too many of you having such experiences for that to likely be the case.

Have a great day,
    Doc