1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What's up with REPs?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Mike Leary, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

When I was at I.A., dropped off my cards at many booths, hoping to be updated on improvements, etc. The only response I got was from my favorite company (with Rainmaster), Automata. automata-inc.com Thanks, Marsha Morris for being the kind of REP I appreciate.
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  2. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Don't get me started, I'll get sued for sure this time. :angry:
  3. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Who gives a rat except you. You would make a good rep spamming forums.:laugh:
  4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

All you guys should give a rat's ass about how your suppliers treat you unless you all shop at big boxes. It's not just being taken to lunch, you should know.:nono:
  5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've never had a good rep relationship from any company. They rarely last long, or because I am a small company they don't have the time. I've been given lunch, products, credit to supplier accounts, shirts/jackets, but no long business partnership.
  6. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

I like free lunch during the winter. Helps me waste away the time.
  7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I have a good relationship with my HUnter rep. He has been with them for over 10 yrs. Actualy answers his cell when ya call.
  8. People who would be good reps scare the company insiders. A good rep has to be honest and cause sh-t to flow uphill. Whack a mole is the company rule.
  9. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Personally I have never had good luck with any industry rep save one. All the others were a waste of time and I am not saying cheap, just un-knowledgeable.
    I think it is pretty sorry when a rep refers a technical question they won't find the answer too downstream to a contractor. This has happened to me three times - the last one the rep actually wanted me to travel to the construction site to trouble shoot the problem.
    When I said how much it would cost his attitude was one of shock - and asked why.
    He hasn't called back after I told him that's why I am a contractor and you are a rep changing jobs faster that a crackwhore using condoms.
  10. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a very good relationship with my Hunter rep but have never heard from RB or other manufacturer reps. We usually have lunch in the winter just to touch base and talk about industry news, products, and rumors. I don't expect freebies. I do expect good customer service and communication.