Whats up with Shndaiwa?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnprosteveo, Nov 26, 2007.

1. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I was at my dealers this morning and saw they were moving their Shindaiwa display to a little obscure corner. Echo still has the largest display and Redmax is taking the next biggest area that the Shindaiwa stuff was in.

Ive also noticed that there is only one other dealer in Tulsa dealing in Shindaiwa. Everyone has Echo, most have Stihl, and now two have Shindaiwa and two have Redmax....I am seeing alot more Redmax when it used to be Shindaiwa.

Anyone else see a trend in there town? Is Shindaiwa on the downslide?

2. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Their products have declined. The new 242's were a real letdown. They also need a backpack to compete with the RM 8000's. The 8510's have too many issues. My local dealer won't even sell them. The days of the the old 230's and 260's seem gone.

3. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I miss the old 260's and 270's, too. They were a perfect mixture of power, weight, and durability. Luckily, I scored 2 new 270's and 1 260 last year and have hardly used them.

4. cutedge

cutedge LawnSite Member

I still love all my Shindaiwa equipment the best. In power equipment, there is no best, it's what works best in your own liking. I've used them all and none of them start as well as my Shindaiwa's, so I use Shindaiwa. I had Redmax trimmers, hated them so much, I gave all three to a buddy of mine for his yard, he was happy. As far as I know, Shindaiwa is still doing very well.

5. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

You must be loaded with money to give 3 trimmers away,whatz wrong with shin is they can not run with redmax simple.

6. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

I trim 50,000 feet of guardrail. So, I can say with certainty and experience that Shindaiwa makes or made much better trimmers than Redmax.

7. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

My dealer really loves Redmax...guys on here for the most part love Redmax too. I used my buddies Redmax trimmer and his huge RM8001 blower recently....the trimmer was two months old and cut out when you let off the throttle. Not when it was cold, I mean after using it awhile. And it shocked the piss out of me because of where the plug was. His blower was real heavy. It blew good but it didnt seem to blow out clippings any better than my old Shin EB630.

8. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

What trimmers are you running,and with a claim like that back it up,the old shin 25 were top,and the 260 were ok,but the 230 and 242 are lacking in power,with redmax 2401 they run all day.

9. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i dont like redmax trimmers either. i have a 7001 backpack blower that i really like and a small redmax chainsaw that i like but i would never buy another redmax trimmer. i am currently using stihl fs 110 trimmers and so far i think they are the s@#$......clay

10. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

bought 2 T260 will crank them up next year. It was the lasst 2 he had I love my eb630 blower shindaiwa always starts right up