whats up with the intek

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by We cut for money, Sep 8, 2004.

1. We cut for money

We cut for money LawnSite Member

Hey guys, this was probably discussed and posted before, but I am too lazy to use the search engine. :cry: Anyhow, some of my fellow landscapers and one salesman told me to stay away from the 10hp intek. No one was clear why? All they new was that many people are selling them because of engine problems and a faulty design. I know when shopping for a blower, you must concern yourself with cfm numbers, not mph. But as far as the intek engine is concerned. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Something's missin.

2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

It would probably be better to ask that question over in the lawn care forum...

Dan

3. kkat

kkat LawnSite Member

I had a few 10hp intek motors come in on blowers and chipper/shredders-and the only problem Ive seen are blown engines due to overspeedingor low on oil, If you are buyiny them from a big box store chances are they are not being set up and running properly before they go out, at least that is the case with what I have encountered

4. We cut for money

We cut for money LawnSite Member

read the category title, its say EQUIPMENT. Engine is part of your equipment son.