Whats up with the rain?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Sweet Tater, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

When we needed the rain it wasn't there, now It won't go away and I am actually getting backed up on fall cleanups and regular services. Do't ant to complain because the southeast needs it so bad, but dang I don't have a sceduale anymore, its sooooo screwed up.

2. grassnazi1

grassnazi1 LawnSite Member

beats me man, up north we rake leaves in the rain sometimes the snow :)

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Well, it just started raining here about 5:15 and I will not complain about it. It was so dusty out there today I still feel dirt in my eyes. Calling for rain for most of Tuesday and I am happy about it. Ground is still plenty warm and that means the grass will stay growing while doing cleanups and that means more money too.

4. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm backed up too..... Waiting for it to finally dry out. It was 78*, full sun today though :)

5. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You should move to NC...dont have to worry about rain here. Plenty of days to cut dirt.

6. DArmfield

DArmfield LawnSite Member

You should be happy that you have rain and are busy. I live in Charlotte, NC, and the grass has not grown in months. Aeration season is a flop, since all you do is skip over the ground. I just can't charge people $85 for a 1/4 inch plug. The leaves are falling, but they are so dry that if you mow them they are all mulch in one pass. It does make leaf removal easier though.

7. T Total Lawncare

T Total Lawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from The deep south

Hey at least it ain't tornadoes. I know my food plots are really enjoying the overdue moisture.

8. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Its been raining here for the last couple day's

9. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

We have had to 3 to 4 inches of rain since yesterday here.

10. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

looking at my own lawn, I can just imagine the ones that were suppose to be cut last Thursday when it started raining. I'm going to have my work cut out for me when they are dry enough to mow again. Red clay is hard as a rock when its dry, and slick as owl snot when its wet, very gummy too :(