What's up with this site???

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Runner, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

What's going on with this site that the server is is so slow? It is taking me 30 seconds and more most of the time to post, and about as long just to bring a thread up to read. that is WAY too long, and I find myself just clicking back off the thread, and off the site to read elsewhere.

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

This might be a dumb question..... are you on high-speed or dial-up? I have not noticed any slow down on the site from my office or my house. Let me know and I can check with our web guy and see if it is maybe time for something to be done.

Anyone else having issues with speed of the site?

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

I have been getting database errors on a somewhat frequent basis. I have a high speed connection.

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I second Lindblom

5. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

same here... its intermittent

6. SHADESOFGREENLAWNCARE

SHADESOFGREENLAWNCARE LawnSite Member

Same in New Jersey.:walking:

7. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Are you using AOL. Sometimes when I use aol instead of IE it runs real slow. I just use IE now. For some reason around lunch time and dinner time it runs the slowest on aol.

JP

8. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

I have extreme speed but sometimes when I click Post Quick Reply, the page just freezes. Sometimes it goes through and sometimes it don't. I figured it's just a busy site

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

I also get what lindblom described every so often, no big deal at all, just want to let someone know it's happening in case it's part of a bigger problem :)

-mike-

10. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I have Verizon DSL and notice that many threads take longer to load than the did a month ago. Also when i post a reply it takes longer sometimes.