whats wit

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by exmark72, Oct 10, 2005.

1. exmark72

exmark72 LawnSite Member

whats with all the people on this site always bull**iting around the main idea of a thread. people on this site ask for help or opinions on a subject and sometimes end up not getting the help or opinion they need but end up getting put down or the thread turns south because of something in the thread that is so small or dumb that people just keep hounding on it for no reason. just stick to the main idea of a thread and if ur response doesnt just dont answer!
  2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Son, let me explain to you the way this game is played. First congrats on working in the lawncare biz, I admire any young person who wants to and is not to lazy to work. Now, with that said, anytime you ask a question on here get ready for some good answers and some not so good ones. Also get ready for a few smartazz ones because that happens to. But when you ask a question and dont get the answer to want to hear I dont recommend getting all ticked off, you want makes friends here real fast doing that especially being new and no one knows you. I have gotten good advice, not so good advice, and down right slammed several times but thats just the way it is and not every person on here may like me or my opinions but thats ok to and I respect that. Now sit back and get ready to learn what Im talking about.
  3. exmark72

exmark72 LawnSite Member

thats fine when it is just a few crappy posts but when the thread is off topic those ppl responding are just ********
  4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

the people responding are trying to help you.... and you dont like what they have to say, so you are calling them names.... thats a very good way to get people to help you in the future by calling them names......

typing on the internet , it is very difficult to get an attitude accross, weither it is positive or negative, everything seems so cold in print.... just listen to the advise you want to , and say thank you to the rest and dont listen if you want.....

some of these people have an awful lot of experience and expertise.... id listen to them if i where you, oh wait, i do listen to them..... and im getting more successful by the week.....
  5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

hey guys, did anyone catch the score of the yankee game last night?

Oh, sorry, I must be an *******............ :p

What the two people above just wrote is soooooo true. You are going to get many different opinions, just b/c it is a different or unique opinion does not make it wrong. Also, you will receive some info that is completely false...you'll learn to filter soon enough or who on this site provides good info versus silly info.

Their is NOTHING you can do about the change in topic...but it isn't always a bad thing, you can actually learn something from this site...believe it or not.
  6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Does anybody know when theres a good burger joint in Connecticut??
  8. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

theres nothing good in CT try fat burger in LA
  9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Fat burger it LA it is!!!!!!!!!!!! :p
  10. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Duchess drive in is great. But the King, if you're ever in Fairfield, is Rawley's drive-in on the Post Rd. Man I miss that place!! Great dogs too!

Brings back great memories. Thanks for starting this thread Gamba! :waving: