Whats with all the weeds?!

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Newby08, May 12, 2008.

1. Newby08

Newby08 LawnSite Senior Member

Everyday I get calls from people inquiring about my service. They tell me that they have been using a service, big guy that is everywhere that sounds like gru treen, they aren't the only one just the most common, and they tell me that they STILL HAVE WEEDS. I don't get it. What is so hard about keeping weeds out expecially when using traditional products? I have gotten a lot of customers with A LOT of weeds, treated it once, no more weeds. Other than along the concrete as we all know where the chems don't seem to want to reach. But I hand pull those and they are done.

Why can't these people keep the weeds out? Or am I just lucky? Not complaining, just dumbfounded. But hey... I'll take all their customers no problem. And in the process have them go organic. :D

2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

It is the constant banging drum of monsanto and scotts, their message is "you are not american or a good husband if you have weeds in your yard"

It is also the monoculture of no competition, weeds are opportunists if there is nothing to compete or feed on them they can go nuts on a property.

If the soil has been drained of all fertility from years and years of synthetic use the only thing that will grow are plants that don't have the same nutirent needs.

OH I forgot, there are some people that are watering things down to offset diesel/fuel and fert prices

3. Newby08

Newby08 LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, thats what I am thinking. But then they have to go back and retreat. Do it right the first time and save you a lot of time and money. Well, I take that back... keep doing what your doing and while your at it save the customer the searching and just give them my business card.

What ever happened to quality and customer service?

So it really isn't that I have the magic touch where unless I put down the pre-m and weed killer it won't work?

4. Elden

Elden LawnSite Member

hahaha. that's a good one. I can see the guys spraying and marching to the beat.:laugh: