1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats with all this rain?!?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PTSolutions, Apr 29, 2011.

1. Zak's Pro. Lawn Care

Zak's Pro. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

same here for me in toledo...friday night was when i finished all the first cuts for my lawns! it took 3 weeeks working between rain storms to get all the first and some 2nd cuts in. usually this week would have been 3rd cuts and some 4th, but not this year
  2. PLDLawncare

PLDLawncare LawnSite Member

I'm in northeast Ohio, we've had an all time record for April rainfall. I'm with you, way behind on mulch and the like, and I'm getting calls from potential clients who aren't satisfied with their current guy, even though the job he's doing is as good as I can do, only it's too wet to be satisfactory. I just keep reminding myself that it's the wettest April in history, so the decisions I make are unprecedented. We do what we have to do to cut the grass!
  3. dlonestar

dlonestar LawnSite Member

We had a week of rain here as well, today is the first day of sun for us. We are now playing catch up for the rest of the week lol
  4. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u LawnSite Senior Member

Im too busy, this rain and 5 calls a day just ain't workun. If this goes through summer ill be makin BANK!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Spent most of the night helping neighbors move belongings to higher ground. We have had 14.6 in of rain in the last 10 days.And 2 in this afternoon and tonight. We are currently caught up on mowing, because we mow in the rain. But landscaping work is way behind.
    Hope it slows down soon.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Agreed. Super cold here, very late spring, but I still have a house to live in that isn't blown down or flooded out.
  7. OmegaRed

OmegaRed LawnSite Member
    from NE OHIO

i was reading this thinking man that's familiar. i'm in NE ohio.

we got to mow this last Saturday, and most of the places we could only do certain portions of their lawn. Wet mud holes.
  8. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

its bad isn't it!?
    All this rain has really been stressfull to my schedule. And I was unable to get to my favorite yard this week :(
  9. yardatwork

yardatwork LawnSite Senior Member

Crabgrass...heck...my customers don't even know what that is. Trust me...it's to make their grass greener. And maybe to prevent the dandelions. Little do they know that they are feeding steroids to their grass more than preventing weeds! Then the minute we don't get any rain or maybe they stop with the treatments...their lawns are the first to struggle...WHY?...because their lawn doesn't have any natural strength or tolerance to normal summer conditions...it's all been chemically induced. It now relies on fertilizer.
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  10. mowermom3

mowermom3 LawnSite Member

we have had 22.10 inches in the last week and a half, trying to mow is almost impossible, we live in the country and all roads to get out are flooded. Now we have levees breaking and wappapello has gone over its flood levee, We are just hoping we can get out tomorrow to mow