What's with moving threads?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by gunner27, Apr 11, 2005.

1. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Someone posts a thread about about hedge trimmers and it gets moved after two hours. Then a couple weeks later someone else will post a similiar thread and it stays. I posted a thread about mini tillers a while back and it gets moved, couple days ago a guy posts similiar thread and it doesn't get moved! What's the deal? I know this is a commercial lawn care forum, but what does that include? I mean if the moderators are going to get picky then half the stuff in this forum should be moved to a general forum. Just like to know what can and can't be posted in this forum.

2. wally world III

wally world III LawnSite Member

Edited:
    Your reply was deleted. Don't continue with this nonsense anymore.Jodi

3. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

This should get moved to the " LawnSite Announcements, Support & FAQ." forum. :rolleyes:

4. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

LOL! exactly.......

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes, this will get moved to the support forum.

The reason threads are relocated is simple. The more we can keep the threads in the appropriate forum, the more organized we can be.
    As example: a pesticide question posted in the commercial forum, will indeed get relocated to the pest/fert forum.
    Now granted, not every thread will get moved to the correct forum. We are after all only human, so some threads will slip thru and maybe not get moved.

6. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Fair enough, maybee more of a clarification though. What some might consider part of commercial lawn care, others may not. The commercial forum gets more than double the reads the other forums do so there is a greater chance to get feedback on a question. I'm not trying to tell you how to do your job, just a thought.

7. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Yea but before you know it, your thread could be 5 pages down the line. That is how fast the commercial forum moves most of the time. It may be slower on the other sections but at least it stays on the front page longer