What's with the signature lines?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by CCWKen, Jan 20, 2005.

1. CCWKen

CCWKen LawnSite Member

I see, time after time, people listing their equipment on/in the signature line. Cripes if I listed mine it would take 20 pages. Are they trying to sell their junk or is this some sort of phalic envy, anal repression or what?

Time to lighten up on the bragg factor folks. Makes it easier to read the posts when you don't have to sift through the scrap yards. The HUMONGUS logos don't help either. :D

2. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Yeah, they're annoying, but the good news is that you can turn signatures and avatars off in your preferences.

3. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

you should have seen mine after the Sox won the WS. I finally caved to the pressure and toned it down a little. :D

Sometimes the equipment list is nice, so you can weigh the value of someone's opinion on a particular equipment related issue.

4. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

True, but they can also put that info in their profile instead of their sig.

5. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

yeah, but I kinda rather have it right there with their post. I'm not gonna click on their profile to further research the validity of their post. JMO.

Really, the sig line don't mean much to me. For the most part, I don't pay much attention to it.

6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i'm the administrator at weldingweb which is owned by lawnsite. Bedsides that, mine is a 480x60 web banner size :)

7. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

I believe most of us are proud of what we've accomplished and acquired.
    That's why lawnsite offers these options.
    That's why we display it. :drinkup: