What's with the speed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doc Pete, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Since all I hear is Exmark WB rule, I took a look at the website. I'm shocked to see the top speed of the Turf tracer is only 6 mph. That's not much faster than my old belt drive Bobcat. How come???
  2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Thats funny, I just now looked and the TTHP has 6.2MPH and the TT full size has 6.75MPH, which is a good bit more than your reported "6". They may not be the fastest, but at least they have a better deck and much better website :p
  3. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry Switchless, but once again you are wrong. The top speed of the TT is 6.75 mph according to Exmark. Are you ever right about anything?

Remember, It's a freakin' walk behind, not a sprint behind.
  4. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

LOL darryl
  5. Doc Pete

Let's see, Exmark says the turf tracer is their ultimate WB and it's 6.2 mph. I see nothing about 6.75 anywhere on their WB's. Also, if you think 6.2 is a "good bit more" than 6 you may want take math over again. In fact, it's only 3.2% more, which in my book isn't much. As far as better deck, that's your opinion, and "better" means many things other than cutting wet grass that's too long and too wet. I'm just stating a fact...........
    And please tell me what a "website" has anything to do with the speed or cut of a WB.
    Don't be back to your old days of trying "way too hard"..............
  6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

ONe more reason I went wiht Hustler--8+mph with a sulky
  7. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Petey my boy you are off once again... click on Turf Tracer, this is their biggest model. Now click on the mower picture and scroll down to the speed, it shows 6.75 which in my book is alot more than 6, a noticeable difference anyway especially in acres per hour. If you want to go 10mph, get a Lazer. Last I checked, a Turf Tracer is a walk behind not sold as a riding machine. I think you clicked on Turf Tracer HP which is the smaller one like mine, this one does 6.2mph.

No I'm not trying too hard, just making sure you get your facts straight.
  8. Doc Pete

OOP's, so sorry. The following is off their webite for the TTHP. Would you care to show me where it says 6.75???
    Frankly, I was just asking question as to why the low speed. Even 6.75, if that is slow for Today's WB's.
    Oh, and by your comment about "it's not a sprint behind" let's me and the rest of realize you're just not up to "speed" with the real world of WB's.........But, you just keep having fun thinking I'm wrong all the time. BTW, how's your friend "Ultimate Lawns"????

Power Components Lubrication Mobil 1 SuperSyn oil
    Engines 15- & 17-hp Kawasaki V-Twin,
    17-hp Kawasaki V-Twin electric start
    Drive System Twin Hydro-Gear variable displacement pumps powering twin high-efficiency Parker/Ross wheel-drive motors with 1.0" (2.54 cm) tapered shafts
    Speed Infinitely variable selection from 0-6.2 mph (10 kmph) forward, 0-2.2 mph
    (3.5 kmph) reverse
    PTO Engagement Mechanical blade engagement
    Fuel Capacity 5-gallon (18.9 liter)
  9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Switchless - Frankenskag is right with his figures. And 6.75 MPH is significantly faster than 6. The speeds are listed in the specifications section for the machines (gee, imagine that).

Again, we're talking about a machine that is designed as a walk behind unit. My TTHP does 6.2 mph, and that's as fast as I can walk without breaking into a jog.

Now I remember why you have the honor of being the only one on my ignore list. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

I vow never to ignore my ignore function again!!!
  10. Doc Pete

I did click on the Turf tracer, which is the machine with more power. The Turf tracer, has the little drive tires and much less power. How come it's faster, according to you????
    Oh, and I'll just give the 6.75, if you want. So, I was 10% off in my calculating. It's still slow......But it's shiny Red.........