1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats wrong in this photo?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by James Cormier, Nov 21, 2004.

1. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Can anyone see a problem?
  2. Dman1214

Dman1214 Banned

JIm, get me some of that conFront! Did u get my PM?
  3. ArchiesLawns

ArchiesLawns LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Yeah...It's a Perma Green!!!!!!

Sorry, James I couldn't resist.

4. James Cormier

from Ma

No you cant have my confront, its the last case from lesco in my area.....I love that stuff.

yes I got the pm

Archie, Your a man of few words....but somehow I new you would respond to that photo.

Now everyone look close, theres a problem that typical PG, can you see it?
  5. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

I kwow-It's sitting in the shop instead of out making money. Thats what my PG's do most of the year now that I've got the Z-spray.
  6. I see a broken weld ....

The connection between the "fertilizer on" lever and the sliding port cover seems to be broken.

I may have an advantage since I own a perma-green also.

Am I right? Did I win anything? payup
  7. philk17088

philk17088 LawnSite Fanatic

A pg that needs a bath?
  8. James Cormier

from Ma

Yes a dirty PG is true, but MrBarefoot wins the prize, its in the mail.

Now if you look closer the weld broke off just below the other shaft, so it will not slide from left to right, But if you look closer on the right side the little straight piece of metal is welded on, so that shaft isnt going no where. It cant be replaced. Piss Poor engineering.

My welder says the spray tank & hopper is to close to weld, so to fix this I need to remove the spreader, spray tank and all hoses.

This broke because of the strange pg phenomena of spreading lime, it takes about 1.5 bags to get the slide plate to stick and It was just too much pressure trying to open the spreader. OF course its not there fault, they never claimed it could spread lime ;)
  9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

actually to put water on any thing used for fertilizing is a death sentence. It is better to keep your spreader in an enclosed area so it doesn't get wet. Of course blowing it off or dusting it with a brush is fine and should be done. Many element of fertilizer are Hydrophilic and that can also cause oxidation to take place. However to water down fertilizer is to start the Oxidation process rolling. Water will push fertilizer dust into Cracks and crevis and Rust will start from there.

10. Of course there is the proximity of the (undersized and poorly located) fuel tank. Nothing goes quite so well together then gasoline and welding.... :blob2: