whats wrong with husqvarna?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by chunk, Mar 15, 2004.

1. chunk

chunk LawnSite Member
    from SE Ohio

I'm shopping for a ztr mower. I'm having a hard time finding much to look at and compare in my area. Last weekend I did find a True Value store that carries Husqvarna ztr's. Both residential and commercial. The commercial offerings looked awesome. It was too cold to try it out, but I did like what I saw. They run around 6k for a 25hp, 61" cut. (Kawa v twin or Kolher motor). But in searching the internet for info on them I found this site. So far, noone has a good word to say about the brand. No specific faults mentioned though.
    Whats the low down on these, please?
    I'll also be looking at exmarks, and grasshoppers thanks to info on this site. Glad I found yall!!!!!

Thanks,
    Chunk!

2. Mark Lawncare

Mark Lawncare LawnSite Member

People probably don't like Husqvarnas because they are associated with homeowner equipment. I don't now much about them but sometimes a company that makes mostly homeowner stuff doesn't get much respect for their commercial equipment.

3. chunk

chunk LawnSite Member
    from SE Ohio

Thanks for the reply.
    I've also heard (on another forum), about a city that has the husqavarna commercial units for town mowing. He said they were in the repair shop more than they were mowing.

4. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

The "stores" that sell them should be a flashing red light! They are good for homeowners but stick with the commercial brands that we know and trust.

5. Nconn

Nconn LawnSite Member

I agree I think some of those are 90% plastic and 100% junk, but hey there cheap so why not buy one? you can buy it there but can it be serviced there?:confused: :laugh:

6. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

I currently run a husqavarna bt 145 blower and love it. It has a Kawasaki motor and is always dependable.

7. Rob's Lawn Care

Rob's Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Is it true that Husqvarna mowers (not including the motor part) are made by Ariens, Gravely's sister company?

8. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Their commercial line is Yazoo/Kees which Husqvarna now owns

9. glennd

glennd LawnSite Member

Husky's line is owned by Electrolux.

10. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what I was thinking but wasn't sure.