1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Whats Wrong With The "Search" Function?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Wolfie's L&L, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

Is it just my comp., or does everyone have the same trouble when trying to do a keyword search? It seems to take very long to process through the search after hitting the "search now" key, then a page saying "this page cannot be displayed" comes up. But I can do a user search just fine! :dizzy:

Can anyone shed any light on this?? I've not been able to use it for a couple of days.

2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

I've had that problem on occasion, but it's usually just temporary, and when I try it again later, it works.

Or it could be what your typing in the search, like if it's too many words or something like that. Are you typing more then say 3 or 4 words into the search?
    If so, shorten it to one or two words and see if that helps any.
  3. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I've had the same problem. I'll try to search something and get a cannot display page. I go back try something else after retrying my previous search and it works fine. I got back and search the first item and it works, but sometimes doesn't. It seems very random.
  4. SENClandmower

SENClandmower LawnSite Member

When I press the search drop down all I get is a partial box. Cann't even tell where to type. But is I try to guess and get it right - it works. Had this problem ever since I have registered. Even turned off the popup protect software and the problem still exist.
  5. Wolfie's L&L

Wolfie's L&L LawnSite Member

I tried go-getters advice, and it still doesnt work right... I even typed a one word search: "Work", but the page came up saying that I need to be more specific about my search or something like that...I'll just keep trying and wait until it works correctly.