1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Whats wrong with these oranges?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by lawnman_scott, Mar 12, 2011.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

They look good on the outside, smell great, and i took a small bite and they taste good, but what does this look like to you?

orange.jpg

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

That's not a blood orange, is it?

3. lawnman_scott

Never heard of a blood orange, but that is what it remended me of. it was almost like a not cooked steak (I'm not a canible, I like my food cooked).

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I think that's what it probably is. Sometimes they are much more red throughout, sometimes less. Sometimes just red bits in them. I guess it depends on the variety.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  5. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Was wondering the same thing?

6. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

The colder the temps they are exposed to the darker the flesh is. I like them for cooking but they are usually not very sweet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

The link above is good.

But it could be to late in the season and the variety you have should have been picked back in Dec. I posted about two weeks ago I had squeezed my last orange for this season. I still have a bunch on my trees, but they are Too Ripe and going bad. I am not a Citrus expert by any means in fact I know very little about Citrus. But they start picking Oranges in my area in late Nov.

9. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

If your eating humans, you are in fact a canibal. Makes no difference if your human steaks are raw or well done. Its species not the way it is prepared that matters. And yes I know you were joking, so am I.

10. lawnman_scott

Good point though, ok well I don't like my plate to look like a crime scene when I am done. I would have never guessed blood orange, never heard of that but I looked online and that is what they look like.