Whats Wrong With These People

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by anj, Jun 8, 2006.

1. anj

anj LawnSite Member

Had A Situation Yesterday With A Client. Mind You I Am By No Way A Racist Or Anything Like That, But What Is Wrong With The People That Own The Foodmarts And Other Gas Stations You Know The Ones Where The Grass Is Past Knee High, Anyway My Problem Was Was At A Car Lot Owned By A Couple Of These Same People. I Got A Call From Them The Day Before About Doing Their Lawn. I Had Done It Once Already And Was Supposed To Go Back In Two Weeks. I Went Back Two Weeks Ago And Cars Were Parked On The Lawn And They Would Not Move Them Because They Claim They Had Just Put Them There. I Said Fine And Drove To My Next Site Which Is Across The Hwy On The Other Side. Back To The Call I Got The Other Day. The Owner Calls And Says We Were Wondering When You Were Coming To Cut The Grass And I Explained To Him That I Came When I Was Supposed To And The Cars Were Parked On The Grass And His Business Partner Would Not Move Them And That I Would Be Out The Next Day To Do The Lot. He Said Okay But Call Him A Hour Before So They Can Move The Cars. Anyway I Called Yaser And Told Him I Would Be At His Lot In About An Hour About The Time It Would Take To Do One Site And Drive To His Lot. I Pull Up To The Lot And We Get Out Of The Truck To Start Working And Yasers Partner Comes Out And Says We Are Not Moving The Cars You Are To Late And You Did Not Call I Explained To Him ThaT I Talked To Yaser An Hour Ago And Told Him I Was On My Way,so He Walks Inside The Office And Ask Yaser Did I Call Him And He Tells Him He Has Not Talked To Me Mind You I Have May Cellphone In Hand With The Last Number Dialed And The Number Of Mins Talked. I Thought What Nerve This Guy Has. I Told Him Dont Waste My Time With Crap Because I Dont Have Any To Waste. I Dont Think I Will Be Doing That Site Anymore
  2. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

These Caps Are Killing Me. So Hard To Read. How Does Your Shift Key Survive??!!:dizzy: :dizzy:
  3. Nosmo

Nosmo LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll bet the whole message was typed in capitals. This site
    (I read the other day) has a feature that re-prints a full capitalized message to the first letter only of each word.

Unless things have changed typing full capitals for each word is the same thing as yelling into the face of the person to whom you are speaking with.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

You did the right thing, that is about as much as I would've tolerated as well, not to say I am perfect but I think this is right about when you sometimes have to say enough is enough. You bent over to please them and I don't like the stupid bit with the phonecall but these kind like to sneak the pita up on you: Everything goes so well and everything is fine at estimate time and the first grass cut is oh so good, then 2-3 visits later they start with this bs.... I can never see this coming, I hate it when they sneak it up like that makes it better or something, I much prefer when they start with the pita right on the phone before I even go out there to estimate, that way I can either hang up or sometimes if I still go out to estimate, at least I've had my warning.
  5. General Landscaping

General Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Call 1 hour ahead, mow across the street first. When you get to thier lot, start working when you get there..... edge, trim, mow open areas. If the cars are not off the grass; you can't mow there. Send bill as usual.

You can't let them set the way you work.
  6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Who is in control if you haven't finished the job and then send the bill? I would only do that if I had already been paid. lol
    I wouldn't touch this job with a 10 foot pole. Dump them and move on- imo.
  7. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I can take a lot of things but, I would have kicked both of their a$$es on the spot. Did you say Yasser? That would have been enough for me by itself. And, I would have enjoyed it.
  8. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Onto the post, I wouldn't have gone back after the first time and the contract I would of made them sign in the beginning would of charged them for a full cut just for showing up. Live and learn.
  9. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

The first time they screw me I would be like ok I 'll call and you move the cars then we go from there. But I wouldn't have showed up screw mw once Iput you on the ** list. I got enough work now back in the day when I was starving for every dime I might have put up with it.
  10. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I would dump them quick fast and in a hurry.